Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persistent World
Development Forum.

Welcome back, !

You are not connected. Please login or register

Magic limits.

+2
Grayecastle
Hex
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

What type of magic should we have?

Magic limits. - Page 2 Vote_lcap43%Magic limits. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 43% [ 3 ]
Magic limits. - Page 2 Vote_lcap57%Magic limits. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 57% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

1Default Magic limits. Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:30 pm

Hex

Hex
Admin

First topic message reminder :

Now, in a diffrent thread there has been a bit of an arugment about how powerful magic is going to be.
Now at the moment there are two arguments.

Unlimited Magic
You can do whatever you like with magic but your not allowed to do godmod with it. This means like not blowing up the world

limited Magic
Magic is in some way limited, you can't use magic for everything and you have to follow a set of rules for magic/Magic is limited by the fact that spells require a certian time to brew, so a fireball would take five minutes, any break of concentration would mean you have to start again, this'll allow potions but super powerful wizards.

Why I support Limited Magic

I support limited magic for a lot of reason
1) Magic should only be used as a sidearm and not as the main weapon, if we can use magic as a main weapon we are practically encouraging munchkins
2) normally when people post "My character has trained magic for only a year" that means that they can hurl gigantic fireballs at there opponents, open doors and smash holes in walls, there needs to be a limit.
3) People want to ahve a good old battle without the hinderance of magic.

https://pwdev.rpg-board.net

26Default Re: Magic limits. Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:05 pm

Hex

Hex
Admin

No Explonation needed, probably no-one read it. Just delete it Rook.
Sorry Rook.

Rook, I'll Fish out stupid ones but I think I'll make it fivedays so that it's a fivedaily thing.
There will be no point if we don't have a big bestary though.

Now, all mythological creatures need a one pharagraph descrition but creatures that exist are just written down?

27Default Re: Magic limits. Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:13 pm

Rook

I can't delete it becuase there are responding posts and if my post disappears then the others will look unnecessary. Once when we are all on we can go and delete it but otherwise there could be misunderstandings with those who arn't part of the development forum. Now, I have to log off but I hope we can make progress tomarrow on more things. And I do think a paragraph for the mythological creatues is a good idea but the real animals can just be listed or just say "all currently exsisting animals" to make it easier but don't limit the possible species to just those listed.

28Default Re: Magic limits. Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:52 pm

Hex

Hex
Admin

Yeh, it looks like we're going for limited magic.

29Default Re: Magic limits. Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:12 pm

Rook

Past the five day marke, votes are in favor of limiting magic, we can specify the meathod later.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum